Fleas, those pesky little bloodsuckers, can make your pet’s life miserable, and they are the bane of many an owner’s existence. Luckily, there are several safe flea spray products that help fight these unwanted guests before they become a problem that needs to be dealt with by chemicals or even more drastic measures like flea collars or dips.
This blog post will discuss the best ingredients in an effective flea spray and how to use flea sprays for your dogs.
What to Look for in a Flea Spray
When it comes to flea sprays, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind.
- First, you’ll want to ensure that the spray is safe for your pet and your family.
- Second, you’ll want to choose an effective spray that repels adult fleas and their eggs.
- Finally, you’ll want to select a spray that is easy to use and maintain.
There are many flea sprays on the market, so it’s essential to do your research before making a purchase. However, if you keep these three things in mind, you should be able to find a flea spray that’s right for your needs.
Dog Flea Sprays vs Cat Flea Sprays
There are a few key differences to know about when considering dog flea sprays vs. cat flea sprays. For one, dogs are typically larger than cats, so their flea spray needs to be more potent to be effective. Additionally, dogs usually spend more time outdoors than do cats, so their flea spray needs to be able to withstand exposure to the elements. Finally, cats are more likely than dogs to groom themselves, so their flea spray needs to be safe for them to ingest if they lick it off.
Safe Ingredients in Flea Sprays
Protecting your pet from fleas is essential for their health and your peace of mind. But you also want to ensure that the products you use to protect them are safe.
The most important thing to look for in a flea spray is one that is made with natural ingredients. This way, you know that it won’t be harmful to your pet if they happen to lick themselves after being sprayed. Some good ingredients to look for include eucalyptus oil and cedarwood oil, which are both known for their insect-repelling properties. Another thing to keep in mind when choosing a flea spray is how long it will last.
A safe repellent spray for dogs is PawPurity All Natural Flea & Tick Spray. It’s formulated with natural organic ingredients like rosemary, cedarwood, and lemongrass. With anti-allergens and anti-inflammatory properties, it prevents them from nasty fleas and ticks. Keep in mind, this is a repelling spray. Once you’re cat or dog actually gets fleas, you may have to resort to harsher treatments. The key is to keep fleas and ticks from ever attaching themselves. PawPurity’s spray is gentle on your pet’s coat and keeps it nourished, and also so effective in killing those irritating fleas. Following is the list of ingredients:
- Aloe Vera Juice
- Yucca Root
- Colloidal Silver
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Vegetable Glycerin
All these ingredients are organic and gentle for the skin of your pets. In fact, the ingredients also are conditioning agents. And the best part is that this spray doesn’t smell like those pungent toxic pesticides on the market. It’s citrus/honeysuckle scent is one that insects hate and pet owners love.
How to Use Flea Spray
BEFORE your pet gets fleas, use a repelling spray. If you’re already dealing with a flea infestation, you may be wondering how to best use flea spray. Here are some tips:
- First, make sure you’re using a quality flea spray. Some sprays are more effective than others.
- Second, always follow the directions on the label. This will ensure that you’re using the product correctly and safely. Once your pet has fleas, PawPurity’s spray may not be enough. You may have to go for the ones with pesticides in them.
- Third, be sure to treat all areas in the house where your pet spends time. This includes their bedding, carpeting, and other areas where they like to hang out.
- Fourth, remember to treat your yard as well! Fleas can live in grass and other vegetation, so targeting those areas is vital.
- Finally, remember that treating fleas is an ongoing process.
Precautions When Using a Flea Spray
When it comes to flea sprays, you should keep a few things in mind to ensure your safety.
- Always read the label carefully before using any kind of spray. This will give you essential information on how to use the product safely.
- In general, unless the spray contains natural ingredients only, chances are there are insecticides in it and you should always wear gloves when using it. This will protect your hands from any chemicals in the spray.
- You should also ensure that you use the spray in a well-ventilated area. For example, open all the windows and doors in the room where you’ll be spraying.
- Finally, be sure to follow all of the instructions on the label. This includes letting the spray dry completely before letting pets or children near the area where it was used.
Flea sprays are essential for pet care, but choosing the right one is crucial. Remember, it’s much easier and better for your pet and family (especially children) to prevent a flea infestation rather than treat one. We’ve highlighted some safe and effective guides for you to follow. Send us your questions regarding PawPurity’s Flea Spray. We would love to answer your queries.
Thanks for reading!