You may wonder what kind of flea shampoo to use if your dog has highly sensitive skin. There are a few things to keep in mind when making your decision. First, you want to ensure that the shampoo is free of harsh chemicals, pesticides, and artificial fragrances. Second, you’ll want to choose a shampoo designed specifically formulated to be safe for those with sensitivities. And last but not least, you also don’t want to use a shampoo that is not strong enough to protect against fleas and ticks.
So between the confusion of choosing a gentle shampoo that won’t harm your baby’s skin and choosing one strong enough to ward off fleas, we have got you covered! PawPurity’s Flea and Tick Shampoo has become so popular, we want to share this 100% natural and organic product with you so you can at least get a glimpse of what a natural flea and tick shampoo should do, how it works to keep your pet protected in a safe and healthy way and how it fares in comparison to other dog repelling shampoos.
100% Natural Flea Shampoo for Dogs
PawPurity’s formulation of Flea & Tick Shampoo for Cats & Dogs is an olive oil-based shampoo formula that is mild on your dog’s skin, yet highly effective to ward off fleas, ticks, and mosquitos. In addition, this all-organic shampoo has 100% natural preservatives and is free of chemicals and potentially harmful toxins. The ingredients are a balance of nourishing solutions and flea and tick protectors. Our ingredients are formulated, as you should never use any of them on their own.
How PawPurity Flea Shampoo is Made?
The ingredients used in this 100% natural flea shampoo are all plant- mineral- and essential oil-based. There is nothing in it that is irritating for dogs with sensitive skin. Not all companies and brands are confident enough to flaunt their ingredients, but PawPurity takes pride in showcasing this information. PawPurity’s shampoo is made up of the following organic ingredients:
- Aloe vera juice is a natural insect repellent. Its nourishing properties help prevent infections and regenerate cells after any infection. It also helps in making the coat shiny and clean.
- Calendula is one of the most soothing ingredients in this shampoo. It is specifically chosen for dogs with sensitive skin. It also helps heal flea bites and wounds.
- Red clover is a nutrient-rich herb that has antimicrobial properties. It fights bacterial and fungal infections in dogs and keeps their coat nourished. It’s gentle for using on dogs with sensitive skin.
- Witch hazels are flowering plants that are a natural remedy for fleas and ticks in dogs. Together with apple cider vinegar, it is known to be a highly effective ingredient in repelling fleas.
- Yucca root is derived from the Mohave Yucca plant found in North America. It has antifungal properties and relieves itching and dryness caused by dog flea bites.
- Lemongrass essential oil contains organic compounds called aldehydes. These are natural bug deterrents. Fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, and many other biting insects are repelled by Lemongrass’ natural scent.
- Cedarwood essential oil is a highly charged insect repellent. The good thing is, bees and butterflies are unaffected. Plus, it’s non-toxic for people and pets, and it is eco-friendly.
- Honeysuckle essential oil is loaded with anti-inflammatories and antibacterials, but where it really ranks is as a mosquito repellent. In fact, in laboratory studies by the Agricultural Research Service (ARS) scientists, Honeysuckle essential oil killed 100% of the larvae, which hatch from eggs deposited in sources of water by adult female mosquitoes after they’ve filled up on their blood meal—such as from your dog!
Beware of Toxic Flea Shampoos
There are a lot of different flea and tick shampoos on the market for dogs, and it can be hard to know which ones are safe and effective. If your dog has sensitive skin, you need to be extra careful when making your decision. The American Veterinarian Medical Association became aware of a significant number reports of adverse events from flea and tick dog shampoos. “A total of approximately 43,000 reports were reported for 2008.” Here are some ingredients PawPurity urges you to avoid in flea and tick shampoos for dogs:
- Pyrethrins: These chemicals can be toxic to dogs and may cause skin irritation. In worst cases, tremors, shaking, and seizures can happen in dogs.
- Pyrethroids: These are synthetic chemicals similar to pyrethrins and can also be toxic to dogs.
- Permethrin is very hazardous for dogs, especially if they lick it off their hair. It can also cause skin irritation and even incoordination.
- DEET: Another ingredient to avoid is DEET, which is a common insect repellent. This chemical can also cause skin irritation and vomiting in dogs.
- Citronella: this ingredient is sometimes used in flea shampoos, but it can be toxic to dogs if they ingest it. In addition, these pesticides can cause skin irritation, vomiting, and seizures in dogs.
Flea and tick shampoos for dogs is an effective way to protect your baby. It’s important to find one that is non-toxic and gentle yet effective enough to keep the fleas and ticks from latching onto his skin. We hope you try our natural Flea & Tick Shampoo for Dogs and Cats, as it is highly effective, yet super gentle on your dog’s skin. If not, please look for another all-natural shampoo, as this is your best chance to find one with ingredients that will help your dog while protecting him.